Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My First Prayer Bulletin

(Jason Overstreet writes)
Hello to you all, Starting this week, I am excited and honored to announce that I will be handing the reigns of this wonderful prayer team over to one of Rescue’s new members. I can’t wait for you all to get to know him like I do. I have only known him for a few months now, but I knew within minutes of meeting him that God had a plan for him to be a part of this ministry. I know you will all enjoy getting to know his heart and hearing of the group's experiences and prayer needs as he writes to you.

Now that the new group is up to full-concert level, I will soon be transitioning completely off the road. This will free me up to spend more time writing, arranging and producing, and I will finally have a healthy schedule after all these years. Yippee!!! I also consider it important that you are able to hear the reports of Rescue’s experiences from someone who is in the group, and seeing the Lord’s work first hand from the road.

I want to personally thank you all so much for praying for this ministry. By God’s grace, myself and Rescue have withstood the challenges of this past year, and now move forward with anticipation for what the Lord will do through the new group. So with that…here’s Brian!
Thanks Over, and HELLO Prayer team!

I am so happy to be Rescue's new liaison to you and to be able to share the blessings and burdens of this exciting ministry every week with such a faithful group of prayer warriors. Since I am new around here, I should tell you that I am one of the three tenor singers in the group. If you would like to be able to identify me amongst all of the twenty-something's in the group, just look on our web site's front page ( www.rescuemusic.com ) and look for the "hair challenged", and most assuredly NOT twenty-something, guy on the lower right. We had an incredible night last Friday as we sang at a benefit for Prison Aftercare Ministries. It is such a blessing to be able to lend a hand to help some of these people and ministries that are selflessly devoted to people who will truly benefit from the help. We saw testimony after testimony from those who had been in prison and met Jesus, but when they were released they often struggled to overcome social stigmas that seemed to keep them in a place of desperate need. It reminds me that the grace of God knows no bounds and no restrictions, but we do. Let's pray for the ability to look past the barriers and over the walls and give God's love to those who so desperately need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home