Sunday, July 24, 2005

Four Services and a Concert

Greetings RESCUE Prayer Team!

Some stories happened from last weekend that I just HAD to pass along.

Sunday morning as we were getting geared up for the third service at Southlake Foursquare, a man approached me and told me that he had been very blessed by RESCUE along with the message that was preached. He said it was just a fluke that he had been to service that day. He had been through immense personal struggles in the past few years and was feeling so far away from God that he wasn't sure that he'd ever find a way back. On Saturday he was having a barbecue with some friends who invited him to a nearby church and he wasn't sure he'd go, but he said he might make it to the service. That morning he decided that he would indeed go to the service. When he got to the church he found that he'd made some sort of a mistake setting his clocks at home because he'd missed most of the service. He knew that Southlake was nearby and on a whim, he decided to go check out the service there.

"The pastor's message was exactly what I needed to hear, and after he spoke and you started singing your last song,(Rescue)" the emotion began to show on his face, "well, let me just say, I believe I found my way back to the Lord today."

There was also a woman that some of us talked to who said that she'd been running away from God for fifteen years and the ministry of RESCUE that morning was instrumental in bringing her back to Christ.

Sunday night we had an amazing time at Southwest Bible Church! The afternoon had been very sunny and as we set up the equipment for the outdoor concert on the church's lawn I worried that it was going to be a little too hot for people to enjoy the concert. But as the time of the concert approached, the day softened into an incredibly beautiful evening. After the concert as we chatted with those who came by our table, a Brazilian woman asked us if we would allow her to take a picture of RESCUE. She said, as if she needed to sweeten the deal, "if you let me take a picture it will be going to Brazil!"

"Oh, really? How's that?", I asked.

She pointed to a little elderly couple next to her. The man was slender with big sunglasses and a ball cap, and his wife had a very open smiling face and a large cast on one of her arms. "These are my parents, and they're going back to Brazil tomorrow!"

So we happily brought her parents into the middle of the group, she snapped the picture, we shook their hands and chatted for a bit, and then they left - or so I thought.

A little while later, the woman's mother came over to me again and held me by the arm and seemed very insistent to tell me something. I leaned close and in broken English she said, "We were so blessed to see your group tonight. Our daughter has sent us your music and we are encouraged as we listen to it very much in Brazil. To come and see you tonight was, for us, a dream. We go back to Brazil tomorrow, please pray for us." I told her that not only would I pray for them, but that I'd give the message to our incredible prayer team.

God has given each of us a particular ability to reach the people that we come into contact with for Christ whether it's to encourage strong Christians in their walk of faith, to draw those who find themselves in a backslidden state to a closer walk with Jesus, or to be a sweet witness to those who've never known His love.

Lord, help us to be as passionate about the witness of our lives as we are about our profession, sports activities or hobbies. Help us as we allow your incredible love for those around us to inform every moment of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home