Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Niece in Uganda (Not RESCUE Related)


My college aged niece Hillary is in Uganda helping orphaned children and gathering packets of children who need sponsorship from the villages. We are extremely proud of her committment to the children there and we read her blog faithfully, although she doesn't write very much since she is so busy. They visited Kenya for a while on this trip and when she got back to Uganda she had this to say:

"May 22nd (Back in Uganda)

"Yesterday we went to the village of Lugazi back in Uganda. We set up a medical clinic there. It was really fun because I got to hold a lot of babies. I held a baby named David who was around 2 months old. Right now I am not really sure what illness he is suffering from. Pauline (doctor) told me it has something to do with his lungs not working properly, I am going to talk to her again here in the next couple of days to get the complete details. He has a cough and a lump on the side of his stomach and he can’t breathe. I held him in my arms, helplessly watching his tiny stomach and throat trying to draw in air. I couldn’t even be sure that air was getting inside of him except for the fact that he was still alive.

"Why am I telling you all of this? I need your help. The only way for this little boy to live the life that God had planned for him is to get a surgery, which no one can afford. Please, please pray that God will miraculously heal this innocent child. Even with faith that moves mountains or prayers that never cease, his death might still be a reality. But I know that prayer is one of the most powerful things we can do. So I beg that you will pray with me that he will survive this impossible trial. You may look at the problem and use that word “impossible”, and with man it is. But with God all things are possible (Matthew 19:26)..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home