Monday, July 24, 2006

Cannon Beach, Monday

It's been a wonderful first three days of our week at the Cannon Beach Conference Center! We've sung 4 times so far and have enjoyed wonderful messages by Ron Cline have been outstanding! He is the president of an organisation that sets up small and large radio stations all over the world to spread the message of Christ to those in impoverished nations that might never have heard His Gospel. The stories he tells of devoted Christians who walk into such desperate and dangerous situations for the cause of Christ are truly inspiring to all of us. The small islands of Indonesia have been the scene of many martyred Christians, and yet there are many people who are so devoted to spreading the Good News that they walk into the face of religeous hatred with the joy of the the Lord.

Ron is speaking on "The Jesus Road", messages that Jesus preached on the road from Galilee to Jerusalem, and the messages are focused on simple devotion to Jesus.

Again, we are so blessed to be able to share this time as a group and I also have the blessing of having my wife and children here with me. It's sunny, but with a nice cool breeze, perfect weather. We are just very thankful to be able to minister here to such an appreciative and sweet group of people.

2 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brian! I have never met you, but I know Jason in a round-about sort of way (we're not personal buddies by any means LoL just acquaintances) :) Anyways, I was speaking with your website guy, Ken (the connection I have to Jason) and I asked him when you guys were coming back to Countryside, and he said he didn't know. I saw Rescue 2 years ago this coming November, and I was astounded at your vocal capability, and now that you have regrouped, so-to-speak, I can't wait to hear you again! You guys aren't planning a concert at Countryside Church in Sherwood this year are you? Thank you so much for all the work you do for Christ's kingdom!! You guys are AWESOME!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Brian said...

I don't see anything on the immediate horizon at Countryside on our calendar, but we went there last year in late November or early December. We love going there, such a wonderful group of believers!

Ken has been such an incredible help to this ministry. Next time you see him make sure you say hi to him from RESCUE!

I hope to see you at a concert soon. Don't hesitate to remind me of your message on the blog so I know who you are.

Bri@n

 

Post a Comment

<< Home